Painter Focus-Painting With Color Harmony-Open EnrollmentOS
Instructor: Karen Bonaker
Where: Online working at your own Pace
Appropriate for: Beginners and Beyond
What is included in the Workshop:
- Learn new tips on using color and picking colors from your source images
- How to avoid common mistakes with color
- How to mix colors for perfect color harmony
- In depth exercises that will get you thinking about your color choices
- Video demos, step by step downloadable files, tips and tricks
- Support and feedback with Master 24/7
Intermediate. You should have a working knowledge of Corel Painter 12. This is not an Introduction to Painter course, it is about learning how to improve your digital paintings by learning more about the power of color. You should feel comfortable with your skills and open to learning additional techniques while you continue to grow as a digital painter.
- ®Corel Painter 12 updated to version 12.2 or greater with all patches, hot fixes and updates installed.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (SP3), Vista or 7, or Apple® Mac OS® X operating system
- Adobe® Reader or equivalent software for reading lessons-QuickTime or equivalent to view videos
- Headset with microphone suggested for attending live sessions using Go To Meeting. Chat is enabled for those who do not have a headset
- Wacom Pen Tablet or Equivalent.
- Headset with microphone for live session voice interaction. Students can attend my live sessions without a headset and may listen through their computer speakers. All sessions are recorded for the student.
Organize please. Create a folder where you can download and save your class content. You should be organizing source photos you may want to use for this workshop.
Zentangle Warm up exercises
This workshop will begin with a series of exercises using the Zentangle approach to focus and relaxation before painting projects.
Nature! the Perfect Color Palette
You will discover some new and creative ways to capture perfect color palettes for your paintings. You can learn to make your paintings stand out by choosing the right color combinations. Choosing the right color can lead to successful results. This workshop will introduce you to simple techniques you can use to enhance your paintings by making wise color choices.
Using the color wheel, can help you in creating harmonious color choices. By employing a color scheme derived from the artists color wheel, you will be able to strengthen your instincts and make wise decisions regarding color. At some point you will depend less and less upon the color wheel and more and more on your own color instincts, which are usually right!
You need to recognize that Color Theory is a very complicated subject and has more to do with Physiology than anything else. It all begins with the eye. You have heard it said time and time again that an artist has a good eye for color, and that is the truth. We will learn that Complementary colors are used to create visual impact, and not necessarily to be harmonious. Learning to choose the right colors will help you to create paintings that are engaging.
Your first painting will be a simple arrangement of flowers. Using the color wheel provided to you, start by selecting one main color then choose it’s compliment.
Creating Harmonious Color Palettes
Using Pixels to create Color Harmony
Discover new ways to create stunning color palettes! Students will create several Color Palettes based on their source images and paint 4 renditions of their painting based on the seasons. Focus will be on observing how color can affect the mood of the painting. You will work on several exercises that will help to strengthen your digital painting skill base. You will produce several paintings based on working with color harmony.
Brush sets will be provided to the students. Your instructor may supply additional brushes during the workshop.